Being a business owner is not for the faint of heart. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and perseverance to turn your vision into a reality. More importantly, it requires an unwavering desire and commitment to actualize your business and pivot when necessary. Furthermore, our economic growth as a society depends and relies on courageous leaders like yourselves to build and grow companies to greater heights. This new year is an opportunity to embrace the new changes that our new economic reality presents. I have prepared five tips that I believe will be helpful for your entrepreneurial journey this year:
- Don’t be afraid to seek help and pivot when necessary. Embrace innovative digital tools that can help you optimize your processes and funding opportunities for your business. Canada does a fantastic job at providing funding resources, and I encourage you to take advantage.
- Believe in yourself and your vision. You are the driving force behind your business, and you need to have the confidence to see it through. Believe in your idea and trust yourself to make it happen.
- Keep learning and growing by remaining open. The business world is constantly changing, and it’s important to stay up-to-date and continue learning new things. Don’t be afraid to seek out new opportunities to accelerate your company.
- Surround yourself with a supportive network. Building a successful business takes a team, so don’t be afraid to reach out and build relationships with other like-minded individuals. They can provide valuable support, resources, and advice.
- Stay focused and stay on track. It’s easy to get sidetracked or overwhelmed by all the tasks you need to complete, but it’s important to stay focused on your goals. Make a plan and stick to it.
I hope that this list helps you remember the inner power that you have and that you keep these things in mind as you work towards building and growing your business. We are grateful for all of the hard work that you do and how you contribute to the economic progression of Canada.
Founder of Untold & Co Agency and EVP of Government Affairs & Strategic Partnerships at Skill For Change
Christelle Francois is a bilingual executive and entrepreneur who has the pulse on the leaders of business, innovation and advocacy. She possesses extensive experience as a Strategy Consultant where she specializes in growth acceleration, revenue model design and optimization solutions for various companies and organizations.
Christelle is the Founder of a firm titled; Untold & Co Agency, where she and her team service an array of clients in securing corporate and government partnerships, curating digital strategies and executing 360 integrated PR campaigns. Her passion for civic engagement led her to assist in leading the 2019 and 2020 Lobby Day initiative with our current Prime Minister.